Wednesday, February 28, 2007
You can watch all the episodes this season so far online at http://www.cbs.com/
Cyrus and the Lamb
They laid the seeds of the O'Dell murder all season but it wasn't until last night when I figured it out, mostly by process of elimination. It couldn't be the obvious suspects so whose left, Tim the T.A. When the camera cut to him when Professor SexyHank (pictured) was arrested, I knew he was guilty. Then his line about how "everyone hated the Dean," sealed it for me. I loved the dramatic realization by Veronica in front of her entire criminology class. He was so busted. It's too bad SexyHank killed Mrs. O'Dell also. I want him back next season. Or anywhere near me.
The oddest thing about the show Veronica Mars is their infrequent use of title sequence stars. Usually when you are in the title sequence, you are in every episode. Mac has been totally under used this season. I can't remember the last time I Piz. Finally Parker is getting another storyline. Wallace was only useful when Veronica was investigating the coach's death. It just seems to be all about Veronica, Keith, and Logan.
VM now goes on break of new episodes for a couple months. It will finish it's third season in May with a new mystery in five episodes In the past two seasons they have always given us the satisfaction of closing the case by the end of the season and ended with a good but new cliffhanger. I hope they keep this tradition and close the next mystery before the end.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
LOST 3.09: Much Tattoo About Nothing
Here's what we learned.
- The Chinese on Jack's tattoo translates "he walks amongst us, but he is not one of us".
- Ethan was a surgeon.
- The kids and flight attendant Cindy are alive and living amongst the others with a better life.
- Ben might not walk again.
- If Ethan was a doctor, how did he not manage to kill Charlie when he hung him from a tree?
- What do Jack's other tattoos mean?
- Why didn't Kate and Sawyer bring the outrigger back to camp? They could have at least used it for fishing.
- What happened to Cindy and the kids?
- What were the others there to watch?
- Did they really leave Hydra island because Jack's friends know where it is?
- How does the sheriff know that Jack is lying.
This week is episode 10. They aren't very far along consider Heroes just had episode 17 last night. We've got lots of meaty stories still to come this season. Also, this is my all time favorite blog post title. I'm so clever.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Heroes 1.16: Someone Flew and Someone Dew
Next week we get to see the battle between Radioactive Ted and Claire. It's going to be cool. There's a bit of a spoiler in this week's TV Guide in the form of some behind the scenes photos. Avoid it if you can.
Saturday, February 17, 2007
- Kevin & Drew - The frat brothers from season one who were always bickering. The were last seen wandering India trying to remember where they dropped their bags on the race to the pit stop.
- Joe & Bill - The first gay team from the first season. They were one of the few teams in the history of the show not to be at the finish line. Team Guido was the first villain team.
- Oswald & Danny - Team Cha Cha Cha from season two never expect to finish so high (they finished fourth). They were the only team to buy a souvenir with there food money. While in Hong Kong they found such a unique fragrance they just had to have it. What homos.
- John Vito & Jill - This was the 9-11 team. Jill's brother (who was also John Vito's best friend) died in the World Trade Center. The tragic events pushed them together but they have since broken up. I just love saying "John Vito".
- Teri & Ian - Ian never let Teri do one road block which led to the new rule that the road blocks needed to be balanced. He is such a controlling jerk I hope they get eliminated first.
- Charla & Mirna - AKA Mirna and Shirna. Charla is the little person who carried a rack of beef across the Argentine countryside. Mirna can speak like 1000 languages. They are a fun and feisty team.
- Rob & Amber - They met on Survivor All Stars so it make sense to see them here. I can't stand them. They should be eliminated second.
- Uchenna & Joyce - The only previous team to have won. When Joyce had to cut off all her hair for the Fast Forward, I cried. Not because it was sad but because she looked so beautiful. I wouldn't be opposed to see them win.
- Eric & Danielle - The only team not to have been a team before. They competed against each other last spring. Eric was part of the frat boy team that lost to the hippies because they couldn't remember the flags of the countries they had visited. This caused my friend Lorna to give up on the show forever. She hated the hippies. I'm glad they didn't included the hippies since there are already enough villain teams.
- David & Mary - Billed as "Coal Miner and Wife," they were the
poor white trashworking class team that America fell in love with. Rosie gave them a house on The View.
Dustin & Kandice - Last seasons fierce and beautiful team of pageant queens came in fourth. They were also portrayed as villains.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
LOST 3.08: Make Your Own Kind of Music
We got to hear the great Mama Cass song again from Desmond's first appearance.
- Caleb from The O.C. is a huge dick. Although we sort of knew that from last season's finale
- Desmond crossed paths with Charlie years ago.
- Claire goes swimming every day
- Charlie is going to die
And here are the new questions:
- So what did happen to Desmond? Was it a vision by the island, some groundhog day experience, or a dream? How does that explain how he knows future events shortly before they happen?
- Did Locke and Eko have similar experiences?
- What happened to his clothes?
- Where did the bottle of Whiskey come from? It wasn't Dharma Inititive.
- What is Sawyer going to do when he discovers stuff missing from his stash?
- Are we going to see the ring again? From what I read it takes over a thousand years for a water molecule to make a complete circle in the ocean current. So it would be a long time before the ring washed up on the shores of the island after being tossed in the Thames and flushed out to sea.
While the episode wasn't as excited as the past few, it was different and it was good. And it wasn't about Jack/Kate/Sawyer so that made it great. Next week the flight attendent returns after living with the others. Fun.
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Only Fools Are Enslaved By Time and Space
Best Week Ever 02-09-07
Last week on 02-02-07, Daniel Radcliffe had the best week ever.
And two weeks ago, Old Ladies had the best week ever. The feud between Alexis Carington and Mrs. Garret was the best.
Saturday, February 10, 2007
She Was So Outrageous
Friday, February 09, 2007
The Sarah Silverman Program
Thursday, February 08, 2007
LOST 3.07: We're not quite in Portland
Here's what we leaned:
- Juliet was recruited to the island because of her fertility research.
- Karl was undergoing some Clockwork Orange experiments.
- Everyone thinks Alex is Ben's daughter.
- Jack is still a dick.
- Did the Dharma people kill Juliet's ex-husband or was that a coincidence?
- What happened to her sister? Why was she sick?
- Who is the 26-year-old with the 70-year-old vajayjay? Is she on the island?
- Why wasn't Juliet allowed to leave?
- Will Ben allow Juliet to leave? Can he?
- Will Danny's death cause Juliet any problems?
- What changed for the others after the sky went all purple?
New Mac Ad
Monday, February 05, 2007
Super Bowl Commercials
It's just so strange.
Sulu Joins Heroes
Last week was a big parent episode in other ways too. Claire found her fire-starting mother and it's Nip/Tuck's Gina, the crazy poz sex addict. I love her. Also Officer Matt found out he is going to be a daddy. His storyline has become tiresome.
In addition to Sulu and Gina, they added the Ninth Doctor as the invisible man. How many characters are they going to add this season?