Thursday, February 08, 2007
LOST 3.07: We're not quite in Portland
LOST is back, finally. I was unsatisfied with the six episodes they gave us in the fall. It should have been at least eight (or 1/3 of the season). Six was not enough to keep my excitement through the winter break. Plus it was all the Jack-Kate-Sawyer show. At least most of that is over after last night's episode. Kate and Sawyer have escaped the tiny island with Karl and will soon be back at the North Shore camp. Last night gave us the very satisfying tale of how Juliet came to be on the island. This was also the first flashback of an "other". Usually I want less flashback but last night I wanted more, more, more! Hopefully in the future we will see her arrival on the island and some of her history with Ben.
Here's what we leaned:
Here are the new questions:
- Juliet was recruited to the island because of her fertility research.
- Karl was undergoing some Clockwork Orange experiments.
- Everyone thinks Alex is Ben's daughter.
- Jack is still a dick.
- Did the Dharma people kill Juliet's ex-husband or was that a coincidence?
- What happened to her sister? Why was she sick?
- Who is the 26-year-old with the 70-year-old vajayjay? Is she on the island?
- Why wasn't Juliet allowed to leave?
- Will Ben allow Juliet to leave? Can he?
- Will Danny's death cause Juliet any problems?
- What changed for the others after the sky went all purple?