Tuesday, October 31, 2006
The Amazing "rigged" Race
David and Mary: The Coal-Miner and wife team who seems to get all the advantages. Of course they are the nicest team and kind of deserve the breaks so if they win I won't complain like I did when the stupid hippies won last year.
Dustin and Candice: The beauty queens. They are the villians this year. I don't like them and want them to loose.
Erwin and Goodwin: The asian body building brothers. Also a goodie-goodie team who I wouldn't mind see winning.
Lyn and Karlyn: The black mothers. I've grown weary of them.
Rob and Kimberly: The dating couple with serious anger management issues. They are entertaining and haven't done anything to earn my hatred. I'd be happy to see them get the prize.
Tyler and James: The hot models and recovering drug addicts. Yes we know it's hard to be beautiful, so shut up and go home.
Monday, October 30, 2006
To scare you on Halloween, Ghosthunters is airing a live episode. Regularly they are on Wednesday nights. The other ghost hunting reality show I enjoy is the Celebrity Paranormal Project on VH1. The first episode with Hal Sparks and Gary Busy was really scary. The stuff kept moving around the sanitarium on it's own and there were scary black shadows. They replay these all the time so check VH1 listings. Scary. Episode two features a real hunter, Rachel Hunter.
But the scariest thing on TV is Flavor Flav. He is so gross, I can't bear to watch him on my little TV in my Lego room. This weekend they had the reunion show for Flavor of Love. I had to stop watching the show after two episodes. The reunion show turned into a Jerry Springer episode with several of the women rushing the stage trying to assault New York. She is going to get her own dating show on VH1 called I Love New York. And that's the scariest thing of all.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
LOST 3.04 - Sawyer is gullible
- Trixie died from Sun's gunshot
- Jack is being kept near Kate and Sawyer
- The Other's have a sub
- The three are being held on the little brother island next door
- Desmond can see the future
- Who has the spinal tumor? The previews make it look like it's Ben.
- Was Juliet telling the truth about the island's hierarchy?
- Why did the bears move leave the little island? Can polar bears survive in tropical waters?
- Is the girl really Sawyer's daughter?
Friday, October 20, 2006
The Doctor Is In
Episode 2.04 is on tonight followed by 3.04 of BSG as the Exodus of New Caprica concludes.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
LOST 3.03: The hatch blew off your underwear
- The hatch has imploded and left a large crater.
- Desmond survived, but his clothes didn't.
- Locke survived, but his voice didn't. He got better.
- Eko survived, but got captured by a polar bear.
- It's endless shrimp time at Red Lobster.
- Nikki and Paolo have been there the entire time, don't question it.
And here are new questions:
- What happened to Eddie, the undercover cop?
- Why was Locke living on a pot farm?
- If the hatch "imploded" why did it fling the hatch door all the way to the beach?
- What happened to Locke, Eko, and Desmond during that day they were missing?
- Who were the bodies in the polar bear cave?
- What was the polar bear doing with Eko?
- Is there anything else in the polar bear cave, like a Dharma station?
- How did Desmond know about Locke's speech before it happened?
- What are Nikki and Paolo's stories?
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Save the Cheerleader...Save the World
Episode 4 was the best one yet. First the cheerleader wakes up on the autopsy table, sighs, and pulls her skin back on. Later Hiro and Ando use Hiro's power of time manipulation to win money at Las Vegas. Then Niki kicks series butt and has sex with the flying congressman. Finally Peter gets visited by future Hiro at the end of the episode. This show has shot up to the top of my list of new shows this year. Watch the latest episode online: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/
Friday, October 13, 2006
Battlestar, it's good but is it enjoyable
Thursday, October 12, 2006
LOST 3.02 - The Red Sox WIN!
- Alex is looking for that guy in the cage with Sawyer
- Kate now knows Sawyer's name
- Jack likes baseball
- Jin knows more English than he's been letting on
- The Others are paranoid the survivors might find their little town
- The Others are indeed in contact with the outside world
- The prisoners are under surveillance
- Sayid's plans was lame and destined to fail
- Are the others planning to pit Jack against Kate and Sawyer?
- What purpose is served by making Kate and Sawyer do hard labor?
- Has Ben really spent his entire life on the island?
- Did Jin know that Sun was cheating on him?
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Daniel's TV Orgy
6:25 Veronica Mars 3.02
7:10 Jericho 1.03
7:55 South Park 10.02
8:15 Jericho 1.04
9:00 The Nine 1.01
9:45 LOST 3.02
10:30 The Nine 1.02
It is now 6:28. Frak, I'm already behind.
After 30 comes 20, Good Years that is. The new Jeffrey Tambor and John Lithgow sitcom is like the Golden Girls meets the Odd Couple. I looks kind of traditional sit-com-y, but with those two stars on the cast, it's going to be funny.
4 8 15 16 23 42
Finally at 10 on ABC is episode 2 of The Nine. I haven't yet watched last week so I'll watch them both tonight. A good friend of DanielsTVBlog gave this show a good review. He said it was a much better premise than he thought it was going to be. I can't wait to get caught up.
Monday, October 09, 2006
Thursday, October 05, 2006
LOST 3.01: The Others have a gazebo
- The Others live in a cute little idyllic small town community on the island.
- The Others have a book club.
- There are at least two Dharma stations controlled by the others, The Hydra and The Monkey(?).
- Ben (fake Henry) is the leader of this group.
- Jack is a butt-bag.
- The Others have access to outside resources such as new technology (CD players) and personal information.
- The Others now have blood samples from at least five survivors.
- Juliet doesn't really like Ben and does little things to piss him off like choosing a book for the book club that he wouldn't like.
- The fake bearded Other named Tom is gay. How do I know this? He said Kate is not his type. Even I admit that Kate is smoking hot. I can't believe any straight man would not want her. Thus I assert that he is gay.
- Do they have a file on all of the survivors?
- Why do The Others stay there?
- Is the Others village part of the Utopian social something described in the Swan orientation film?
- Do they leave frequently or are they supplied? Who is supplying them?
- What do they want with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer?
- Why is it just the next two weeks that will be difficult for them?
- What did the Dharma group do with the dolphins and sharks in the Hyrda station?
- Are they really underwater?
- Did Jack's dad and his wife have an affair or were they just helping each other through difficult times?
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Great night of Television
Also tonight is the premier of The Nine. This is my most anticipated new show of the fall. More about that tomorrow.
Runway is new, but it's a reunion show so it's not really new. Next week is part one of the finale.
Jericho is going strong and I'm enjoying it. Episode three is on tonight at 8:00 before LOST, but on CBS.
Finally tonight is the premier of the epic tenth season of South Park. From the preview I saw during the Daily Show, it looks like the boys become addicted to a video game. They are all fat now too. Afterwards is a new show called Freak Show. I'm not too optimistic about this one.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
The last season ended with a great show and a lame cliffhanger. Keith went off on some urgent trip for Cordelia and left Veronica at the airport. And why is Veronica not at Stanford? Although I'm most interested in seeing who is in the opening credits this season.
Sunday, October 01, 2006
I have amnesia
The most overused plot device in television, however, is the serial killer. Soap operas are also the biggest offender on that. How many serial killers has Days of Our Lives had? Serial killers are also extremely rare yet these procedural shows seem to catch one every week. Unfortunately there are no stats on TV serial killers on Wikipedia.org. I'm sure we have about half as many each year on TV as we have had in all of recorded history. It's the laziest kind of writing one can find on television. And now Showtime is starting a new show about a serial killer called Dexter. Please don't encourage bad TV behavior by watching this show. Like Lisa Simpson said when the 50 foot eyesores where attacking Spingfield, "Just Don't Look!"