Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Thursday, May 25, 2006
LOST - Nothing Happened
- Desmond was on the boat
- He couldn't leave the grip of the island
- Libby/Elizabeth gave him the boat
- Pushing the button was very important
- Desmond caused Flight 815 when he didn't push the button
- The plane crashed on 09/22/04, which was the date of the pilot
- Desmond's now dead partner was the Army guy who turned Sayid into a torturer
- The "other's" camp was just for show
- civilization went on after the plane crash just fine
- The bank tubes from the Pearl Station go nowhere
- Fake Henry Gale seems to be in charge of this group
- The "others" keep their word
- Penny is looking for Desmond
Here are the new questions:
- Did Locke, Eko, and Desmond survive?
- Did the swan station explode or just reverse magnetized?
- Why didn't anyone care to investigate?
- Will this "major event" cause another plane crash elsewhere on the island?
- If pushing the button is so important, why enter a set of six numbers instead of just one or none? Why not automate the flippn' thing?
- Is Libby short for Elizabeth or did she have a hidden agenda?
- What's with the big Homer Simpson foot statue?
- What's with the crazy pre-historic bird?
- Was it saying Hurley's name?
- Why weren't the bank tubes washed away in a rain storm or blown away by wind?
- Do the "others" cause the crazy whispering voices or was that just the island warning them of danger?
- Why did they let Hurly go and not the others?
- Where is their home?
- Will Michael and Walt make it off the island?
- Why are those Portuguese guys looking for the signal in the arctic?
- What signal are they looking for?
- Who much do they and Penny know about the island?
and the biggest question...Which cast members are signed on for next season?
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
It's Just Karaoke!
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
The FOX Fall Schedule
- Vanished - This looks good. A Senator's young wife disappears and the search is on. Of course nothing is what it appears to be. It's on after Prison Break giving its butt heat to 24's chair until its return in January. "Action Monday" has done well for FOX.
- Standoff - So when Oprah's mindge takes people hostage, they call this team? Nothing special so I'll pass.
- Justice - High profile lawyers take on high-profile cases in--wait this is up against LOST? Oh, pass.
- 'Til Death - Comedy about a middle-aged couple living next door to a newlywed couple and hilarity ensues.
- Happy Hour - A bar comedy with a character who acts like Dean Martin.
Apprentice: Worst Fashion Show Ever
24: Day 5 Finale
Saturday, May 20, 2006
CBS The Network of Sadness
- The Class - Former third grade classmates reunite for some reason. This is getting good buzz.
- Jericho - A small town is cut off from the rest of the world after a nuclear disaster. Interesting they call it a disaster, not a war. With the un-success of Threshold, Surface, and Invasion don't expect a second season from this.
- Shark - Another law show starring James Woods as a prosecutor. Just what CBS needs.
- Smith - It's Ocean's Eleven the TV show. If it's about crime, then it will thrive on CBS, the Network of Sadness.
Friday, May 19, 2006
The CW Fall Schedule
- The Game - It's about a woman dating a professional football player. I'll pass because none of the football players look hot.
- Runaway - It's a family drama and thriller. That didn't work for Invasion so why try it again?
Best Sit-Com Finale ever
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Bye, Bye Will & Grace
The show starts at 9:00 but there is a retrospective at 8:00 so we've got a two hour block of W&G. I'll miss the show.
- Walt is alive and knows the others are not what they appear to be
- Locke is all healed. That was quick.
- Eko is now devoted to the button
- Eko can always be depended on to tell a horrible story
- Sayid and Jack are on to Michael's deception
Here are the new questions:
- Where did Locke walk off to?
- When and why was Eko at a small parish in England?
- Does the vaccine really do anything?
- How did the others know everyone's names?
- What do they want these four for?
- What is in their hatch?
- Will they let Michael and Walt go and give them a boat?
- What is "The Room" that Miss Cloo threatens Walt with?
- How did Michael know that Hugo was Hurley's name? He didn't know it on the raft.
- Why didn't Hurley notice Michael refer to him as Hugo?
- Who is on the sailboat that arrives during the funeral?
Die Hippie, Die
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
ABC Fall Schedule 2006
- Let's Rob... - A bunch of losers plot to rob Mick Jager's apartment. It looks great especially since Mick Jager guest stars as himself and is the executive producer. Set your TiVos now.
- Help Me Help You - Sam Malone is a therapist now. Pass.
- The Nine - The "9" were involved in a bank hostage situation that lasted a long time. The story unfolds reverse Lost-style, with flashbacks to the ordeal and how it affects the survivors in their lives afterwards. Looks good. Kim Raver from 24 stars which means Audrey won't be back for day 6, boo!
- Big Day - The entire season takes place during a wedding from different points of view each week. I'm already bored.
- Notes from the Underbelly - baby comedy, need I say more
- Six Degrees - ...of separation? That's what it looks like as the lives of disconnected New Yorkers intersect. This won't last unless the characters are fascinating.
- Betty the Ugly - based on the wildly popular telenovela, a "TV Ugly" woman goes to work in the world of high fashion
- Men in Trees - Oh my gods, they let Anne Heche back on TV! And in a show that's described as Sex and the City meets Northern Exposure. This won't make it to Thanksgiving.
- Brothers & Sisters - Ally McBeal stars in a new nighttime soap about a large family
The Amazing Race Finish Line
Invasion - Series Finale
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
NBC Fall Schedule 2006
Last season we had three rounds of The Apprentice but next season we are down to only one. The Donald doesn't get his show on until January and he will be up against Desperate Housewives. Could this be the last season?
Anyway, here are the new shows:
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - It's the DRAMA about SNL. Avoid.
- Heroes - It's kind of like The X-Men or The 4400. People become superheros. Looks like it could be good expect SciFi never lasts for more than a season on NBC, if they are lucky.
- Friday Night Lights - Football players are hot!
- 20 Good Years - It's like the Golden Girls, but with men, and there's only 2 of them.
- Kidnapped - New drama about a rich kid being kidnapped. It could be good except no one ever comes back alive from a kidnapping.
- 30 Rock - It's the COMEDY about SNL. Looks good.
Monday, May 15, 2006
The Simpsons - Random Jokes are best
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Lost - ? Recap
- Libby and Ana Lucia are both dead
- Sawyer's gun stash was in his tent the entire time
- The central (or Pearl) hatch was under the crash Beechcraft
- The Pearl station was used to monitor the other stations
- Eko continued masquerading as a priest in Sydney
- Eko met the psychic that made Claire get on flight 815
- The button is a physiological experiment, or so it seems
- Jack is still a dick
- What brought Eko to Sydney?
- Why was he going to L.A.?
- Why doesn't he put on a new shirt?
- Will we ever know why Libby was in the hospital with Hurley?
- How long has the Pearl station be abandoned?
- Where does the vacuum tube go?
- What other experiments were going on in the other hatches?
- What brought down the Beechcraft?
- How did it get all that way?
- Where are the hatches getting their power from?
- What is the ferry the observers are supposed to take at the end of their shifts?
And my theory that someone says the word "lost" each week holds. Locke said it to Eko as they looked for the question mark. Has anyone else on the internet caught onto this?
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Veronica Mars - finale recap
Last night was the last episode of Veronica Mars second season. We had lots of guest stars, the death of three characters, and an arrest of another. The thing I always notice about VM is how long the intro segments are before the starting kicks in. Most shows have just one or two scenes to set up the episodes, but not Veronica. Last night had a lengthy dream sequence with Lilly, Duncan, and her mom making appearances. We then got to find out the bus was crashed by Cassidy (don't call him Beaver) Cassablancas who has been a badder boy than we ever realized. He's dead now. I'm still confused about he and his brother Dick ages. I always thought Dick was a senior and Beaver was a junior, but Dick wasn't with the other seniors at graduation. Are they twins or something? Anyway Kuzak found out the hard way that a celebrity will get you out of jail for murder but won't keep you from being murdered yourself by the henchman for the dead girls incredibly wealthy family. Don't mess with the super rich. Death #3 was Woody when his plane blew up right over Neptune. I knew that Keith couldn't die. And it looks like Logan and Veronica might be on their way back to being a functional couple again. Good episode with a week cliffhanger. I don't really care. VM does the season long mystery so well we don't need a big surprise ending. Here's what we were left with:
- What was in case Cordelia showed Keith to make him ditch the vacation he had planned?
- Did Veronica go to NY by herself?
- Where is everyone going to college?
- Is normal the watchword? What is a watchword?
- Will the CW pick it up for a third season?
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Bird Flu in America
Monday, May 08, 2006
The Daily Show and Colbert Report
Friday, May 05, 2006
Best Week Ever
Celebrity Eye Candy
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Will & Grace
My Name is Earl
Tonight Earl has to make right shooting someone with a BB gun.
The rest of the season is going to be about stopping the Spikes from destroying the human race for still as of yet undisclosed motives.
Michael Bad Man
OK, now here is what we learned:
- Anna Lucia went to Sydney with Jack's dad
- Michael broke Henry Gale out
- There was wine in the pallet
- If you are a woman and you have sex, you will die soon (Shannon and now Anna Lucia)
Here is what is still unanswered:
- Is Libby dead? Is she an other?
- Did Michael make some deal with the others or did they brain wash him?
- What was Jack's dad doing with that woman in Sydney?
- How did Jack's dad die?
- Why did Anna Lucia wait so long in Sydney before returning to L.A.?
- Did Sawyer give them the guns? Will he now that his booty call is dead?
- Where was Charlie in this episode?
Also, my theory that someone says the word "lost" in each episode held last night. Both Hurley and Libby said it.
Amazing Race Update
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Tonight is a new episode called "Exploding Pants". Fun.
Lost - Michael is back
Random observation: I think they add the word "Lost" in the script each week. Look for it. Last time Rose said it to Bernard when they were driving in the outback.
South Park - mid-season finale
Mind of Mencia
Amazing Race Final Four
Invasion - New Hurricane
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Tonight: Kuzak's trial finishes up. Will he get off? He's a celebrity, of course he will. What does Woody have in store for Keith? Woody is my choice for this year's villain.
Dynasty Reunion: Catfights & Caviar
Monday, May 01, 2006
So who’s left:
- Allie – She held up well in the board room, she could make the final four
- Michael – He’s no good, hopefully he’ll go soon
- Roxanne – She’s been flying under the radar. This might take her to the top
- Sean – “What a Wanker,” not really but that what he thinks of him teammates
- Tammy – She’s pretty good
- Charmaine – She should have been fired weeks ago for getting them late to the meeting. Girl, you gotta go.
- Lee – He is the worst of those left. His best trait is manipulation. He got lucky with the early morning selling spot last week.
- Tarek – The cutest guy left, I hope he makes it. Donald doesn’t like him.
Also tonight, PrisonBreak. I’m not yet caught up on this show yet.