Tuesday, April 25, 2017
My #TheExpanse season 2 review @ExpanseSyFy
Season two can be divided into two parts. The first part is the completion of the Eros story and its trip into Venus. Then the action moves to Ganymede and the Saturn system for the end of the season. These two parts correspond to the two books. The recent season ended about halfway through the second book, Caliban's War. Which was the title of the final episode of the season. The season one finale episode title was also the title of the first book, Leviathan Wakes.
Coming from a book reader, my favorite things about this season is the expansion of thing that were only mentioned in the book, specifically the raid and destruction of Phoebe station, Epstein's ill fated test flight, and the disaggregation of the Arboghast. The latter was a great season ending point.
From a TV viewing standpoint, these are my other favorite points of the season.
- The Nauvoo's near miss. Miller was all set to die and then the ship just misses. He got to die anyway when the station crashed into Venus.
- Alex's gravity assist decent to Ganymede. It was a brilliant maneuver and it was great to watch.
- Bobby's adjustment to Earth and defection. Her perspective shows just how bad things are between Earth and Mars.
- Avasala is such a bad ass. I just wished she'd swear more. Her rant on how she would bring down Mao was such a great moment.
- The end of the Arboghast. Such a great WTF moment. See below.
Labels: The Expanse