Thursday, February 04, 2010
LOST 6.01 - Let's not resort to name calling
I'm also noticing a lot of similarities between LOST and Supernatural. In Supernatural, demons and angels need to possess humans to have a physical presence. In non-corporeal form, demons are represented by black smoke. Angels are blinding light. Demons can't cross lines or circles of salt, similar to the ash. But smokey can pick up things and made short work of Ilana's team. Jacob may be more like the angels and can possess bodies too, which is what I think happened with Sayid.
So anyway, here's what we learned:
- Fake Locke is the man is black and the smoke monster.
- The ring of ash seen in past episodes keeps the smoke monster out.
- The others have a magic crap colored hot tub which can heal people. Although before Jacob died it wasn't filled with poo.
- Where did Jacob's body go? It wasn't in the fire in the first scene.
- What was on the note inside Hurley's ankh?
- Why was Richard in chains?
- What did the Others want to talk to Jack about and why in private?
- What really happened with Sayid?
- Who is the new Kung Fu Other leader? How does he rank against Ben?
- If they shit pool can heal a gun shot, why couldn't it heal Ben's cancer?
- Why did the island sink?
- Why did Jack have blood on his collar?
- Did Jack and Desmond meet in LA? If so why didn't Jack recognize him like he did at the Swam station? Was Desmond really on the flight?
- If the island sank in 1977, then Hurley's friend would never have picked up the transmission with the numbers. So how did Hurley win the lottery? Why did Hurley go to Australia then? Hurley seems to be the only one of the survivors who has a different back story before flight 815.
- Why didn't Shannon return with Boone?
- Why was Jack's father's coffin not loaded on the flight 815?
- Why was Locke's bag of knives not on the flight?
- If the plane wasn't going to crash, why was Claire on the flight? Did the psychic tell her to in the altered timeline.
- And the big question: if the island sank 27 years ago, then the entire course of the world would be quite different. Widmore Industries wouldn't exist. The resources pouring into the Darma Initiative would have gone elsewhere. The Darma people evacuated would have pursued lives and wouldn't have been killed in the Purge. Others recruited (like Juliet) would never have left the mainland. In other words, the entire course of history would have changed and it would have been highly unlikely that any of the the survivors would have been on the new flight 815. So how did they get on it?