I've had two friends telling me all season that Heroes sucks. Even Entertainment Weekly had a story on how to save the show. I kept deluding myself to think it was still good. But I give it. This show sucks and needs serious reworking or it should be put out of its misery. Last night I fell asleep while watching. This was the second week in a row I feel asleep during Heroes. I never watched the ending this morning so I don't know how it ended, and I don't really care. Here's why it sucks.
- There's no mystery. If you want mystery, watch LOST. There's always something we don't know. We seem to know too much with Heroes. Last week's big surprise, Claire's mom caused the train crash fire from the pilot. And really, was she traveling on a 1930's train? Modern cargo is transported in shipping containers, not box cars. Lame.
- The characters aren't interesting anymore. For good characters watch Chuck, where everyone is a spy, or Boston Legal, where everyone is a lawyer. I don't care about Mohinder or Hiro or Nathan or Matt anymore. Claire and Peter are getting tired as well. A season with just Syler and Noah hunting down villains would have been great.
- Does anybody stay dead? Peter and Nathan's dad returning as the head villain was ill conceived. Linderman is back in Nathan's mind. That was never really explained. Although I'd just prefer they not kill characters. It's too easy to kill characters.
- The comic relief isn't funny. Hiro thinking he is ten years old is week? Lame. For humor, go watch 30 Rock or Big Bang Theory.
- There's no action. No car crashes, no stunts, no foot chases. There's the occasional defenestration but very little action. For action, watch Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles or 24, which returns next week.