Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 

Rome If You Want To, Rome Around the World

The first two of twelve DVDs of the HBO/BBC series Rome hit my mailbox just before the weekend last week. I'm really liking it even without the full front male nudity (like the attached cropped photo of Mark Antony). It's impossible to be part of western civilization without knowing lots about The Roman Republic and Roman Empire. Since I never really did an in depth study of it in high school history or college, I never really had a good grasp of where all the parts fit together. Something I never even really thought about the transition of the Republic into the Empire. The show gets into it that and makes it fascinating. Along with the historical figures of Caesar, Mark Antony, Brutus, and Augustus (as a child), they have some fictional characters. And of course everyone is quite hot. I've only watched five of the twenty-two episodes. I can't wait for the next set this weekend. Netflix makes things some much easier.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?