Saturday, March 01, 2008
LOST 4.05: For Christmas I'm Getting You Control Issues
The "Constant" in this episode and the entire show in general is these character with huge control issues. Keamy and Omar yelled at Frank for leaving the island with Desmond and Sayid. Dr. Ray yelled at Sayid for talking to his patient. Keamy and Omar and Dr. Ray didn't want Desmond to talk to Daniel. The Sergeant wanted Desmond to follow his orders. Charlotte didn't want to Daniel to talk to Jack and Juliet about the island's time dilation properties. Why can't everyone just work together for the common good?
Here's what we've learned:
- The phones can only call each other
- The freighter is called the Kahana which is also a neighborhood in West Maui where my parent's have a friend with a vacation home. We all went there last June.
- The Black Rock diary's auction number was 2342, which is the same number Daniel's machine needed to be set to (2.342). These are two of Hurley's numbers, of course.
- Caleb from the OC bought the Black Rock Diary
- There can be a break in time when coming to or leaving the island.
- Some people who come to or leave the island get unstuck in time.
- Minkowski is unstuck in time as well but he seems to be grounded in the present where as Desmond is grounded in the past. Perhaps because he was coming to the island while Desmond was coming from the island. Or maybe it is just random.
- Minkowski is dead.
- It is Christmas Eve.
- Why does Charlete want Daniel not to tell the survivors about the time dilation effects of the island?
- If Penny kept calling the Kahana, why did she tell Charlie she didn't know about it?
- Who sabotaged all the radio equipment?
- Who opened the sick bay door?
- What is in the Black Rock diary?
- If the radio was sabotaged two days ago, how come the captain doesn't know about it yet?
- What does Penny know about the island?
- Does Penny know her father is interested in the island as well?