Saturday, February 02, 2008
LOST 4.01: Never Say Never, Dude
We were not disappointed with a shocking misdirect in the opening sequence. The opening of season 2 was Desmond in the hatch. Who was it? Is it a character in flashback? It was a great way to set up the story of the season. In season 3 Juliet's book club meeting opened the show. Who is she? Is she a character in someone's flashback? It was a great way to set up the Others story which was the core of season 3. Season 4 opened with a flash forward. Who is in the speeding car? Is it Kate? Is it Sawyer? No it's Hurley. And something is making him kinda crazy. Maybe we shall find out this season. Anyway here's what we learned:
- Hurley was one of six who made it off the island
- Hurley's money is all gone
- Hurley can see Jacob
- The intersection of the survivors continues into the future as Ana Lucia's former partner is the one who interrogates Hurley
- Jack is still a dick, but he'll change
And new questions:
- Who were the other three Oceanic Six?
- Who was the guy posing as the Oceanic Lawyer? Was he an island vision like Charlie or was he one of the bad guys looking for the island?
- Why are they lying about what happened on the island?
- What are the consequences of telling the secret?
- Why does The Island want them back?
- Why did Naomi hide from and then cover for the survivors?
- Why did everyone rendezvous at the cockpit instead of the beach?
- Why did Hurley draw a guy next to an igloo? Is there some significance or is he just wanting to get as far from the tropics in his mind as possible?
- Who were the two men holding hands in the crowd? Was I the only one that noticed that?
- Why did the island show Hurley Jacob's cabin?
- Why didn't the helicopter land?
- Who was the guy who parachuted?
- Who stayed with Jack and Kate?
- Why dies the island want them back?