Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Let's Go to the Mall!
I've been singing this all week. Not surprisingly, I have this great desire to go to the mall.
Rosie's Leaving The View
At least we have six more weeks of Rosie before summer.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Sanjaya, where art thou?
Thursday, April 19, 2007
LOST 3.17: Merry Band of Adventurers
What we know:
- Desmond was a monk
- Desmond's spirit guide from his immersion flashback is related to the head monk
- Desmond met Penny immediately after being fired from the monastery
- Desmond's flashes are all jumbled up
- Hugo is easily frighten by Korean ghost stories
- The island is still trying to kill Charlie
- Someone new came to the island, looking for Desmond
- Kate is jealous of Jack and Juliet so she turned to James
- The Losties have to play ping-pong every 108 minutes or the island will explode
- What caused the helicopter to crash?
- Was it really a helicopter?
- Why was the woman wearing a high altitude flight suit?
- What is her connection to Desmond?
- Could The Flash beat Superman in a foot race?
Saturday, April 14, 2007
LOST 3.16: See You in a Week
Here's what else we learned:
- Juliet is a spy
- Juliet was having a relationship with Goodwin
- Claire has an implant that made her sick
- The island's healing properties prevent pregnancies.
- Juliet's favorite book is Carrie
- Ben think Carrie is depressing
- Juliet made the distinction between a tumor and cancer.
- If Sun got pregnant on the island, will she survive?
- Does Juliet know Sun is pregnant?
- What is her goal as being a spy? Mr. F.
- Why is Ben still so concerned with the beachers?
- How do the others know James killed Frank in Australia?
- Why put a chip in Claire?
- Did they put one in anyone else?
- Did Juliet's sister ever really have a relapse?
- Why doesn't James trust Juliet? She saved his life.
- What were the criteria for the lists that Ethan and Goodwin made?
- What was the symbol on the tree? Is that the same as the mark Juliet was branded with?
- Why did it take Juliet all night to get to the supplies?
- Who were the guys on the sub?
- Why is the last part of the sub ride bumpy? Do subs encounter turbulence?
- If Juliet's work is so important, why does she waste time with a book club?
- Does Juliet know Ethan killed Steve?
No One Had the Best Week Ever
On April 6th, Alanis Morisette had the Best Week Ever. Here's her My Humps video. It kicks ass. I've watched it half a dozen times.
It has gotten 5M hits in less than two weeks. The actual Black Eyed Peas video has barely 1M hits and it's been on youtube for over four months.
On March 30th, The Great American Dream Vote had the Best Week Ever. This was a horrible reality show hosted by Donny Osmond. The best thing was the little girl who wanted to be Miss America and buried all the other little girls.
On March 23rd, Phil Spector's Hair had the Best Week Ever. Here's his old hair. He's some sort of music producer or something. He killed someone so he's on trial, allegedly. His new hair is bad, his old hair was hysterical.
Friday, April 13, 2007
So add 30 minutes to your TiVo season pass for Best Week Ever. And skip through the animated one if it's a Mr. Sprinkles show.
Get in the Gate
Stargate: SG1 10.10 - The Quest Part 1. SG1 reluctantly teams up with Inara and Hot Baal to get through one task after another on their way to find the Sangraal aka The Holy Grail. This is neither a cup nor the descendant of Jesus, but instead is an Ancient weapon they can use against the Ori. The cliffhanger was the new threat: a firebreathing dragon. Cool!
I've been watching SG1 since the beginnings on Showtime. Although I prefer Jack to Cam, the Ori story is my favorite arc of the series. I hated the Apophis stories way back in the beginning. The Anubis story was good. The replicators were the worst. The Ori are a scary and formidable foe while there's still some hope to be defeated.
Stargate: Atlantis 3.10 - The Return Part 1. A ship of Ancients return. Yay! But they kick out the Tau'ri (that's us). Boo! But General O'Neil is back. Double Yay! But then replicators arrive. Double Boo!
I love the new Trans-Galactic gate system although I don't think it makes much sense. The gate address is relative to it's location to star systems within it's galaxy. When you get that far out of the galaxy, is it really going to work anymore?
Also tonight is the debut of Painkiller Jane. It looks like Heroes if Claire was working for the government and hunting down the other heroes. I'll give it a try since I missed The Dresden Files.
Friday, April 06, 2007
LOST 3.15: Girl on Girl on Monster
It was the old convicts-chained-together story with a twist on this week's LOST. While people lying to each other is a big recurring theme of this show, "Left Behind" took it to a whole new level. I think Kate and Juliet (Evangeline Lilly and Elizabeth Mitchell) both did some of the best acting I've seen on the show. Especially when they faced Smokey the Monster. I assume Juliet pretended not to know about the monster to learn what Kate knew about it. She didn't learn much. As much as we like Kate as viewers, I think her mom was right turning her in. Kate had no right taking the law into her own hands. How long was Kate on the run? The feds must have spent a fortune trying to catch her. I also liked the comedy of the Hurley-James con. Watching James try to be a nice guy was great. Today while walking through the park after lunch, I heard the monster. I looked around but no black smoke, only a Seattle Parking Enforcement officer printing out a ticket for a car parked too long on 11th. They sound remarkably similar.
Here's what we learned:
- The sonic fences are to keep out the monster, not people
- The combination to the sonic fence is 1-6-2-3
- Juliet doesn't not know what the monster is
- Cassidy did have James' baby, that wasn't a lie
- Locke left with the Others
- James is the de facto leader until Jack and Kate return
- Sun still doesn't trust James
- Why did the Others leave Juliet? They already branded her.
- Where did the Others go?
- Are there other sonic fences?
- Why don't the castaways move to Othersville?
- Why did it take so long for Jack to wake up?
- How much will Juliet tell the castaways?