Sunday, November 04, 2007

 

No/Nip/Tuck


The fifth season of Nip/Tuck started this week on FX. I've decided to drop this show this season. I've enjoyed it from the beginning but it has certainly jump the shark. The JTS moment might have corresponded to the move from Miami to L.A. but I don't think that is the problem. The problem is the complete devolution of the supporting characters. Julia, Matt, and Kimber used to be interesting characters, but they have run their course. I don't need to see them ever again. I was very happy when she moved to New York last season with the two kids who are completely screwed up yet only to be disappointed to find out she is still a regular cast member. Matt and Kimber became scientologist last season and got pregnant. This season things are going a bit better for them as they become meth addicted drug addicts. I don't want to see any of them ever again. If the new season was just about Sean and Christian in L.A. with new friends and co-workers, I'd be back for more. Until they cast off the dead weight, the show is dead to me.

And what is with the promotional campaign for the fifth season? The clipped angel thing makes them looks like detectives, not doctors. I don't get it...but I love their outfits.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?