Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 

I Love VH1: Part 1: The Videos

So I love VH1. It is pretty much my default television channel. When I have the TV on and I'm getting ready to go to work, or cleaning up, or whatever, I always flip to VH1 and enjoy what they have on. Unless it's the 25 most raptastic rap songs, then I flip to the Discovery Channel or Comedy Central. When I go to bed at night, I set the channel to VH1 (162 on my DISH tuner) because my main morning alarm is my TV. It automatically turns on at 6:00 to the morning videos. Yes, VH1 still shows actually music videos, albeit in the middle of the night and in the morning. It's good to wake up to the new Avril song or the latest from The Fray. On Saturday morning (and repeated Tuesday morning) is the Top 20 video show starring Aamer Haleem. Unlike some people who know what the current songs are through a secret CD sent to them by distant music industry contacts, this is how I keep up with current music. My favorite of the new songs is First Time by Lifehouse. Here it is on YouTube:



Other songs of note include: Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's, the current #1 and destined One Hit Wonder; Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie guest starring the exploding guy from Heroes; 1234 by Feist with a kick ass dance scene; and Same Girl, a duet between R. Kelly and User.




The User/R. Kelly video has the surprise ending where it is not actually the same girl, but twins. Twins who both work and the same company, went to the same college, have a child the same age, and drive the same type of car with the same vanity license plate. Did they really think we wouldn't see the flaw in that logic? Luckily this had dropped off the top 20 list last week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?