Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Elisabeth thinks Rosie is a terrorist
The best thing was watching her boil over after Alicia Silverstone totally disses her on air. When coming out on stage, Alicia (my new hero) walks right past her and greats only the other three hosts. Even after casually grabbing her arm Elisabeth isn't even worthy of eye contact.
In this next photo, Elisabeth sees what is going on and she is pissed! I love it. Alicia greets all the other hosts with a hug, the biggest for Rosie. A total professional, Alicia doesn't treat Elisabeth any different than the other hosts during the interview. Most people probably missed the exchange at the beginning altogether. We got to witness first hand that even though speech is free, there are consequences for being a hateful bitch.
If you missed the fight, watch it here.
What else I loved:
- Everyone trying to go to commercial
- The split screen argument between the two
- Elisabeth constantly interrupting Joy and Rosie and yet demanding that she be allowed to finish. This, btw, was a tactic often employed by my ex when we got into arguments. Years into our relationship I exposed this tactic as an unnecessary way to make me look like the bad guy.
- Elisabeth bringing up the Donald...low blow.
- And my favorite is Rosie not giving up even though she keeps saying she's not arguing anymore. I don't think anyone with strong beliefs could possibly stay quiet when dealing with such idiocy and hypocrisy.
I love Rosie because she represents the imperfect human who tries to express the truth at all costs. It doesn't always work out, but I respect her for not giving up.
Thank you Daniel, for bringing the best TVBlog in the world around to create a touching moment for all.
I feel like I discussed this with you for DAYS.
Links to this post: