Friday, September 15, 2006
What New Shows I'm Watching this Fall
Here's a list of the shows I plan on watching this fall, even if only the pilot.
- Vanished - This started four weeks ago and I'm currently sandbagging it on TiVo. It's not getting good reviews so I may flush it before the baseball break.
- Happy Hour - It not likely to stick around, but it's a fun sitcom about a bunch of friends and co-workers who like to drink a lot.
- Jericho - The only town to survive a nuclear holocast. I'm intrigued.
- The Nine - My #1 pick for the fall. I love ensemble casts with mysteries. Debuts after Lost and should keep a good following. I'm sad that Audrey from 24 is on it which means she won't be back as Jack's love interest for a third season.
- Heroes - It's like the X-men but not at all different. SciFi never lasts on NBC so enjoy the ride and hope for a full season.
- Big Day - It's a comedy with the whole season about one wedding day. I'm watching it for Wendy Malick from Just Shoot Me. She is too funny.
- 30 Rock - NBC comedy about SNL. Tina Fey is a brilliant comedy writter and Alec Baldwin was perfect on Will & Grace so this has lots of funny potential.
- 20 Good Years - Jeffrey Tambor and John Lithgow? I'm there!
- The Knights of Prosperity - Originally titled "Let's Rob Mick Jager" and then just "Let's Rob...". I'm hoping the second season they go after Kathy Griffin. "No Pom-Pom!"
- Survivor: Cook Islands - Let the racism begin!
- New Adventures of Old Christine - Julia won the Emmy and she was always my favorite Seinfeld actor. I loved her when she was no one on Day by Day. Her guest spots on Arrested Development were some of the funniest scenes on television.