Monday, September 18, 2006
New shows I'm NOT watching this fall
'Til Death - This is the show that makes me happy I'm gay. The entire joke is about how crappy it is to be married for a long time. My parents are happy. I love Jolie Fisher, though.
Men in Trees - Anne Heche is crazy and this terrible rip off of Northern Exposure is sure to be the first show cancelled. I wonder if ABC picked this up just so they would have something to cancel.
- The Class - I don't even remember anyone from my third grade class and why would I have a reason to reunite with them? What an odd premise.
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - This is most likely to go the way of An American President. It will have great initial ratings but as viewers realize they can't relate to conflict between producers, writers, actors and the network they will quickly tune out. This will be cancelled in March or April.
- Smith - Is that the one with James Woods or Ray Liota? Either way a show with the only asset being a movie star is destined to fail.
- Kidnapped - If this gets picked up for a second season, I'll watch season one next summer via NetFlix.
- Six Degrees - The show about strangers meeting coincidentally has very low appeal to me. Perhaps I'll NetFlix this as well.
- Shark - See Smith
- Brothers & Sisters - Night time soaps about families are only interesting when there are huge empires or dynasties involved. Plus Calista Flockhart frightens me.
- Runaway - I'm already watching Prisonbreak, I don't need another "on the run" show.
- Help Me Help You - Ted Danson is old and stupid.
- Ugly Betty - 'cause she's ugly.
- The Game - I didn't watch Girlsfriends so I don't need to watch its spin-off.
- Friday Night Lights - How much stories can you have about teens being yelled at by their coach? And what if we like the characters? Will this show follow them to college? Those games aren't on Friday night.
- Notes from the Underbelly - I don't even remember reading about this in the TV Guide or Entertainment Weekly.