Friday, July 28, 2006

 

Cross-over Time on Stargate

The cross-over episode is a long standing tradition in television between the spin-off and the parent. I remember Arnold showing up at The Facts of Life "What chu takin about, Mrs. Garret?" The occasional Golden Girl would visit the Empty Nest neighbors next door (Why do I feel so compelled to mention Kristy McNichol?) Even on the fake spin-off Chief Wiggum, P.I., the Simpsons stopped in for a visit. My biggest gripe with the cross-over is what I call "partial cast syndrome". The Enterprise docks at Deep Space Nine and we only see Captain Picard. How convenient. But in tonight's episode of Stargate SG1 we get at least three major Atlantis cast members: Weir, McKay, and Col. Mac. I'm excited for this episode for three reasons. 1) Daniel Jackson has always wanted to go to Atlantis. 2) Carter and McKay have great chemistry. 3) There is the slightest possibility that Col. Crichton and Col. Mac might make out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?