Saturday, September 27, 2014
SNL returns tonight for season 40
10. Waking Up With Kimye (Lady Gaga) - Kim wore it better. Lady Gaga gets to make fun of her over-the-top outfits.
8. The Bird Bible (Andrew Garfield) - Kate McKinnon is unsettlingly creepy as the religious mom reading The Bird Bible with her son.
7. New Cast Member or Arcade Fire (Tina Fey) - What probably started out as actual confusion in the studio turned into a great gameshow where both Tina and Lorne could make fun of themselves. And when Lorne finally retires or dies, it's clear that Tina Fey should take over as Executive Producer.
6. Do It On My Twin Bed (Jimmy Fallon) - All the awkwardness of visiting family for the holidays all rolled up in one nasty song.
5. Your Love by The Outfield (Josh Hutchinson) - Let's go to the 80's mall and get some leg warmers!
Manolo Blahnik (Tina Fey), Lamborgini (Jonah Hill), Bvlgari (Andy Samberg) - They're not porn stars anymore but they are the best recurring characters of the season.
3. Bikini Beach Party (Charlize Theron) - I couldn't stop laughing when I first watched this. This is so dense with jokes and there's a dead whale!
2. The Midnight Coterie of Sinister Intruders (Ed Norton) - Dear homeowner, Can we kill you? -The Murderers. Dear Murderers, No you may not. -The Homeowner. It's also Alec Baldwin's final cameo before his public meltdown last fall. It was the best skit of the season until...
1. Dongs All Over the World (Anna Kendrick). Are you from Istanbul? No, I'm actually an International Nasty Girl and me and my friends are doing every dong in the world. This tops my list because I too am an International Nasty Girl.
With special mention to the two greatest Weekend Update performances: Kate McKinnon as Angela Merkel (new mobile, who dis?) and Taram Killem as 19th Century critic Jebidiah Atkinson.