Monday, September 21, 2009
The Emmy Post
- 30 Rock won for Best Comedy. Yay, 30 Rock! Also Alec Baldwin won, but not Tina Fey. Boo!
- Mad Men won for Best Drama. It's a great show but I'm not sure if it's "Best Drama" material. I went to bed before this award was given out.
- Kristin Chenoweth won for Pushing Diasies. She started to cry and so did I. I love her.
- Grey Gardens won for best TV movie. I loved this movie. Is it available on DVD? If so, go watch it.
- Amazing Race won again for Best Reality show. Does this win every year? Yes it does.
- Kathy didn't win, instead it went to Intervention.
- South Park won for the episode about the economy. Stan's dad's blender was financed but they sold the debt and repackaged it, just like mortgage-backed security bonds. It was great.
- One of my favorite moments was the list of names for best variety show, especially Conan's Facebook gag.