Saturday, May 23, 2009
New Cancelled Shows
- Reaper - No big loss. It never lived up to the hope of comedy-fantasy goodness. I never really cared for most of the characters other than Sam.
- King of the Hill - This is a but of a surprise. I dropped this show years ago but recently picked it up again last year. I guess 13 seasons is still very respectable. Fox ordered two more episodes to give the show a proper finale which I think is awesome.
- Prison Break - After four season this show had played out. One season to break out, one on the run, a third to break out of the Panama jail, and the fourth to...bring down a powerful quasi-government agency? This show still brings in good action and suspense. I have the last few episodes waiting for me on TiVo which I'll get to next week. The producers knew this was the last season so they will close up the show properly.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - I enjoyed this show. It ended with a cliffhanger where John Connor goes into a future without him and meets his father who is the resistance leader. They did some good history rewriting storylines and I'll miss it.
- Kath & Kim - This cancelation perplexes me. This show started slow but thanks to great acting and great characters it quickly grew on me. When Kath ran out on her lawn and shouted that Wynonna Judd was coming to her house, I was forever a fan. Too bad forever was only 17 episodes.
- Life - At least most of the mystery of who framed Charlie Cruise was explained in the finale. This was a great quicky cop show with fantastic writing and wonderful characters.
- My Name is Earl - This really pisses me off. NBC pulled the plug on this after four seasons. I think this was the best season yet. Once again, this show is great because of the fantastic set of characters unlike anything seen elsewhere on television. Who thought we would all fall in love with a group of white trash ex-thieves who live in a trailer park or motel and hang out at a bar called The Crab Shack? The show ended with a cliffhanger: who is Earl Jr's father? We thought it was crabman, but DNA test says no. At lease it turns out Earl is Dodge's father. He and Joy had sex at a Halloween party so neither remembered it when they met six months later and she tricked him into marrying her. I'll miss this show, but it might come back.