Friday, November 21, 2008
First Round Cancelations
Pushing Daisies was on the air for one year, one month, two weeks, four days, and eighteen hours when ABC decided not to order any additional season two episodes. This renders the show dead and cancelled. It kind of died last year after the writers strike cut the season down to nine episodes. It was brought back to life for a second season. But now it will stay dead forever. I'm very saddened by this. After LOST, Pushing Daisies is my favorite show on TV right now. To add insult to injury, the 13th and last episode of the season ends with a rather significant cliffhanger which will never be resolved on camera. The creator has said the story will continue in comic book form. This is not satisfactory enough for me. In addition to my beloved Pushing Daises, here are the other shows axed by the networks so far this season.
- Dirty Sexy Money (ABC) - I've enjoyed this show. It should have been the next Dynasty but it never caught on.
- Do Not Disturb (FOX) - I never watched it. Was this even on? Is Jerry O'Connell the new kiss of death.
- Easy Money (CW) - Part of CW Sunday night gamble. There's too much else on Sunday for this network to have any chance.
- Eli Stone (ABC) - I've been sandbagging this season. I think I'll delete them all tonight.
- The Ex List (CBS) - Some crazy show about a crazy women who takes what a fortune teller told here seriously. No wonder no one took this show seriously.
- Lipstick Jungle (NBC) - Who says TV is only for women these days? I think if you make a show that doesn't appeal to the gays, it will fail.
- My Own Worst Enemy (NBC) - NBC heavily advertised this but it still didn't survive. I prefer fun spies like Chuck or nice spies like Burn Notice. Edward is a really bad guy so it was hard for me to like the show.
- Opportunity Knocks (ABC) - How does a game show fail? ABC found a way.
- Valentine (CW) - Also part of the CW Sunday. I think it was about cupid or something lame.
Too bad about Pushing Daisies, but I can see why that happened. There was a little unnecessary tension given that the two lovers couldn't touch. While at first that was an interesting twist, eventually it just became annoying and should have been magically removed.
Same with the dog. That was just sad bordering on animal cruelty.