Monday, March 31, 2008
LOST 4.08: Even Ugly Fat Bad Guys Need Love Too
Here's more stuff we learned:
- Michael returned to NYC with Walt but has to live a secret life
- Michael tried to kill himself at least twice but the island wouldn't let him
- Tom was able to leave the island after the sky went all purple
- Tom says Widmore's people are responsible for the fake 815
- Where is the Temple?
- Why is the Temple special?
- Why is the Temple not for the 815 people?
- Who is the guy in the bed next to Michael in his dream? Was that Jacob?
- Why is Michael dreaming about Libby? Is it the Island?
- Why won't the island let Michael kill himself?
- Is Delenn really dead? There's no obvious wound like on Carl
Best First Quarter Ever
On January 18, 2008, unrepentant Australian party teen Corey Worthington had the best week ever.
On January 25, 2008, Ricky from Project Runway cried his way to having the best week ever.
On February 1, 2008, 80's Popstars had the best week ever.
On February 8, 2008, Everybody's Girlfriends had the best week ever. Mostly because the super bowl is over. I don't have a good video.
On February 15, 2008, a very creepy Gary Coleman had the best week ever. Here's a funny Sims version of Diff'rent Stokes.
On February 29, 2008, Man Emotions had the best week ever. Here is the clip of Jimmy Kimmel enjoying Ben Affleck
On March 7, 2008, Tyra's Ego had the best week ever. Here she is going crazy on Top Model.
On March 14, 2008, Susan Mitchell, the lady who was trapped in the closet, had the best best week ever. I don't have a clip but it was my favorite episode this year. They got to resurrect all the Trapped in the Closet jokes from years past.
On March 21, 2008, Fat Animals had the best week ever. Here's some cute fat animals.
Labels: Best Week Ever
Sunday, March 30, 2008
LOST 4.07: Is Anybody Else Coming?
- It is indeed Widmore's boat
- The captain is hot
- The captain thinks Ben's people are responsible for fake 815
- Sun has three weeks until she starts to get sick
- Jin's gravestone is dated 9-22-04, the date of the 815 crash
- What are Frank and the Goa'uld planning?
- Why does Sun think something's wrong?
- Who was banging on the pipes?
- Why isn't Juliet there for the birth?
- When and how did Jin die? I think it must have been in order to save Sun
- Who shot themselves in Sayid and Desmond's new room?
- Why is Michael now Kevin Johnson?
- Why is Hurley happy no one else came?
Nazis and Jesus
- Hitler had an extensive bunker system built into a mountain in Berchtesgaden that was ransacked by the locals before the end of the war
- It was a common tradition in ancient times to attribute a virgin birth to famous historical figures. Alexander the Great, Plato, and Pythagoras were all believed to have started with that.
- Adolf Eichmann, the architect of the Holocaust, escaped to Argentina but was caught and put on trial in Israel in the 60s.
- No one really knows where Mt. Sinai actually was. Passages in the bible eliminate most of the real life locations.
- The Luftwaffe used aircraft made by Messerschmitt. I love saying Messerschmitt. I wish they made luxury sedans today. "Did you see how that douche in the Messerschmitt cut me off without even using a turn signal?"
- Pontius Pilate only had three men crucified during his entire rein as governor of Judea
Thursday, March 27, 2008
LOST 4.06: It's Very Stressful Being an Other
- Juliet doesn't like being the center of attention
- Tom has daddy issues
- Goodwin was married to Harper the therapist
- Pregnant women die because of an immune system problem
- Harper knew that Ben had a thing for Juliet
- The sub was stocked with non Dharma products
- The freighter people were sent by Widmore
- Widmore killed one of Ben's people
- Charlotte knows Ben gassed the Dharma people
- Ben brought Juliet to the island and kept her there because she is "his".
- Juliet likes Jack and Ben knows it
- Ben is now living free in Otherville
- Who does Juliet remind Ben of?
- How did Ben get a message to Harper to deliver to Juliet?
- How did Ben know where Daniel and Charlotte were heading?
- How could Daniel and Charlotte know about The Tempest? Unless they know about Dharma Inititive.
- Was Harper really there at all?
- Who lived in Juliet's house before Ben gave it to Juliet?
- How did Goodwin get the chemical burn? Why did he lie about it?
- If Kate was suspicious why did she turn he on Charlotte?
- Why did Ben ask if the rabbit had a number on it? Spoiler alert
- Which Red Sox game did Ben tape over?
- Who took the video of Widmore in the alley
- What else is in the Widmore file Ben gave to Locke?
- As everyone in Otherville seemed to know that Ben was in love with Juliet, why did they try to prosecute her before he woke up from surgery?
- Why is Hurley so lucky with the horseshoes?
I Know My Kid is Going to Rob a Dry Cleaners
Labels: I Know My Kid's a Star
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Jericho Bombs Out...Again
Saturday, March 22, 2008
The New View Review Coming Right at You
Last week, FoDtvB Matt had a great series of blog posts about what a horrible person Elisabitch Hasselcunt is. This week we learned some more about the girls of The View.
- Whoopie has bronchitis.
- Joy and Elisabitch are addicted to their Blackberry's
- The only thing Elisabitch got from Sen. Obama's great race speech this week was that he threw his grandmother under the bus.
- Touching Sherri's boobs are an occupational hazard, but...
- Don't touch Barabara's boob!
- Elisabitch Hasslecunt would rather commit murder-suicide than have her husband cheat on her. He should run away from her as fast as he can. She is a psycho just waiting to snap.
Labels: The View
How Clean Is Your House?
Kim and Aggie put on their feathered rubber cleaning gloves and get these homes clean. The direct the residents to remove their clutter. Usually there's a huge pile of rubbish bags in the street at the end. Then they would bring in an industrial cleaning crew to take on the carpet, floors, and walls. In addition they show the residents how to keep things clean. And they send out the dust and dirt to the lab to see what creepy-crawlies are infesting their home. That usually motivates the targets to keep things clean. Finally, they check up on them a few weeks later to see how they been keeping up on things.
If you have BBC America, put this on your TiVo. However, like a lot of shows like this (such as Queer Eye), the formula gets a little boring after a while.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Rome If You Want To, Rome Around the World
Sunday, March 16, 2008
The funny thing about this show is they can't (or have yet to) show you what the new episodes are about before they air. That's part of the premise of the show. If they let you in on what it was about, it wouldn't have that middle-finger-to-the-media factor. It's a funny show.
Labels: Pop Fiction
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
The Square Root of Evil
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Project Runaway Bus
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
I'm looking forward to the details of how he is immortal. Does he die and come back? Does his DNA resequence itself? Why doesn't gravity make him saggy? For a really good immortal story, rent The Man From Earth. It's very good.
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Girls Next Door Season Finale
1) It is a very well produced Celebreality show. Each episode has a story that flows to a satisfactory ending. All the themes of each episode make sense. And it doesn't really seem scripted. I know all these shows have some level of scripting but this one isn't as noticeable as Hogan Knows Best or Scott Baio is...
2) The girls are all different and they all get along. Holly, Bridget, and Kendra all have very different personalties. Unlike what you would expect when three women have a herem style relationship with one man, there is no backstabbing or in fighting. In fact they get along so well many of the episodes are about their adventures without Hef. There was just a two part Jamaica episode with an occasional phone call to Hef back at the mansion. I don't know what Kendra does all day but Bridget is working on a career in radio and Holly has become a very good photo shoot producer.
3) I love Mary. Mary O'Connor is the antithesis of the girls. She is Hef's longtime personal secretary. The best word to describe Mary is dowdy, although she would probably prefer matronly. All the craziness of the Playboy Mansion and she never does a double take or clutches her pearls. Plus her husband makes a mean baloney sandwich.
4) This show is the best example of what women will do for money and security. All these women are in their twenties and Hef is 81. Their combined ages are less than him. Holly completely believes that she and Hef are going to get married and have kids. He's 81! He already has two failed marriages and four kids, it's not the time in his life to have more kids.
5) Hef is hilarious. His routines are so rigid. He has to have his soup meal at the certain time in the afternoon. He doesn't like changes to the mansion. He has a huge staff following him around making sure he is comfortable inside and outside the mansion. He is a true rich eccentric like the ones from old movies.
6) It has the best theme song of any reality show ever. "Come on a my house a my house, I'm gonna give you caaaaandy." I want that on my iPhone. In fact, after publishing this I'm going to go search iTunes for it.
Saturday, March 01, 2008
LOST 4.05: For Christmas I'm Getting You Control Issues
The "Constant" in this episode and the entire show in general is these character with huge control issues. Keamy and Omar yelled at Frank for leaving the island with Desmond and Sayid. Dr. Ray yelled at Sayid for talking to his patient. Keamy and Omar and Dr. Ray didn't want Desmond to talk to Daniel. The Sergeant wanted Desmond to follow his orders. Charlotte didn't want to Daniel to talk to Jack and Juliet about the island's time dilation properties. Why can't everyone just work together for the common good?
Here's what we've learned:
- The phones can only call each other
- The freighter is called the Kahana which is also a neighborhood in West Maui where my parent's have a friend with a vacation home. We all went there last June.
- The Black Rock diary's auction number was 2342, which is the same number Daniel's machine needed to be set to (2.342). These are two of Hurley's numbers, of course.
- Caleb from the OC bought the Black Rock Diary
- There can be a break in time when coming to or leaving the island.
- Some people who come to or leave the island get unstuck in time.
- Minkowski is unstuck in time as well but he seems to be grounded in the present where as Desmond is grounded in the past. Perhaps because he was coming to the island while Desmond was coming from the island. Or maybe it is just random.
- Minkowski is dead.
- It is Christmas Eve.
- Why does Charlete want Daniel not to tell the survivors about the time dilation effects of the island?
- If Penny kept calling the Kahana, why did she tell Charlie she didn't know about it?
- Who sabotaged all the radio equipment?
- Who opened the sick bay door?
- What is in the Black Rock diary?
- If the radio was sabotaged two days ago, how come the captain doesn't know about it yet?
- What does Penny know about the island?
- Does Penny know her father is interested in the island as well?
Matt Damon vs. Ben Afflect
And Jimmy Kimmel is fucking Ben Affleck. I wish they had a non bleeped version.
Worst Award Season Ever
The best thing about the Academy Awards was the first episode of The Daily Show were they blamed the low ratings on Jon, claiming not even his mother watched it. It was very funny.
Labels: Awards Shows
LOST 4.04: That's My Story and I'm Sticking to It
Here's what we know:
- Jack perjured himself for Kate. If the truth ever comes how, he can go to jail.
- Ben has one week to get Miles his cash.
- Locke has gone off the deep end.
- Kate isn't pregnant...or is she?
- Kate is pretending to be Aaron's mother.
- Jack still loves Kate.
- What does Locke expect from Ben?
- Why is Kate being charged in a California court for Federal and other state charges?
- Who are the other two "survivors" that didn't make it that Jack talked about?
- Why was the Xanadu video tape queued up to the best part? Who takes out the tape in the middle of the best part?
- Why does Locke not want Ben and Miles to talk to each other?
- Who does Miles work for?
- Why does Miles want 3.2 million?
- How does Miles plan to deal with Charlotte?
- What is the memory exercise Charlotte and Daniel are doing?
- Why can he only remember two cards?
- Why does the DA want Kate to stay in California? Is she working for one of the island groups?
- Why does Jack not want to see Aaron?
- What happened to Claire?
- How did the Oceanic 6 integrate Aaron into their rescue lie?