Thursday, April 20, 2006
What is Robot Chicken? It's a stop motion animation show by Seth Green on Adult Swim. You see there was a dead chicken in the road an a mad scientist found him and brought him back to life with some robotic implants. But that has nothing to do with the show. You see the Robot Chicken is then forced to watch random television and all the beloved icons from our childhood are destoyed. The Flintstones, The Thundercats, Knight Rider, no one is safe. It's very funny.
Monday, April 17, 2006
Celebrity Cooking Showdown
First off, sorry no Apprentice tonight. But the good news is: it is replaced by Celebrity Cooking Showdown! Don't worry, it's only just this week. Now I didn't watch Dancing with the Stars (except once in Sydney while doing my laundry, but that didn't count since it was the Australian version) or Skating with Celebrities, but I will be tuning in tonight. Why? Because one of my favorite actresses is on, Alison Sweeney. Who? Ya know, Sami from Days of Our Lives. What? Yes I do TiVo Days everyday and I usually crunch an entire week together and watch only the first 5 and last 10 minutes of each episode. Really, that's all you need. But the best reason to watch the aging Soap is Alison Sweeney. She's been on the show since she was 16 and in that time she's kidnapped her baby sister, been dumped at the alter SIX times, thrown through a patio door, been convicted of murder and sentenced to death (and survived), and travelled to a Middle Eastern war zone in disguise. As much as I want her to live happily ever after, it's so much fun to watch her melt down when things go badly for her.
As much of a bad girl her alter-ego is, Alison is a sweetheart. My parents have met her a couple times at charity events in Las Angeles. I can't wait to see if she tries to play up her bad girl image or if she stays her sweet self.
Thursday, April 13, 2006
What we learned:
- The island heals people, or at least Locke and Rose
- Rose had terminal cancer before arriving on the island
- Rose knows that Locke used to be in a wheel chair
- Locke will be back on his feet sooner than he should be
- Charlie and Mr. Eko are building a church
- Hurley is back to normal and on a diet
- Jack and Kate have an additional magazine of bullets
- Kate didn't tell Jack that "The Others" were sophisticated because he didn't tell her they were holding Henry
- Henry Gale is definitely there on purpose
- Michael is back
New or still unanswered:
- Why is Henry Gale there?
- Did he push the button?
- Did the others release Michael, did he escape, or did he even get captured?
- Why is Jack such a good marksmen?
- Why didn't the island heal Boone, Shannon, Marshall Mars, the pilot, etc.?
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Don't you wish your reality show was hot like me
Monday, April 10, 2006
The song I liked was Good Day by Tally Hall, but after buying it and listening too it a couple times, I'm not that thrilled by it any more.
Saturday, April 08, 2006
I was wrong about the Ghost Whisperer...Boobs!
The Ghost Whisperer - Jennifer Love Hewitt stars as a psychic investigator in a show similar to Medium on NBC. No wait, it's exactly like Medium. This could actually be canceled before Close to Home.
Well I completely underestimated the power of JLH's boobs (Milk Bags!) because the show was picked up for a second season. After my genuine ghost experience last Saturday with Oscar Hawes at the GAR cemetary maybe I should actually watch the show.